Thick. Fluffy. Blueberry goodness. And to make it even better, no flour, butter or sugar. High in fiber and protein!
These are AMAZING protein pancakes! I can’t tell you how many recipes I’ve tried that promised great results, but tasted like bland rubbery disks. What’s the point of a protein packed pancake if you cant enjoy eating it?
I decided it was time to experiment until I came up with my own recipe that combined both the nutrition and taste. This was the result. Enjoy!
Blueberry Coconut Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Eggwhites (2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup Trutein Cinnabun Protein Powder (20g)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour (15g)
- 1/4 cup Oatmeal (ground into fine four)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Blueberries, Frozen
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol
- Grind oatmeal into a flour using a small food processor.
- Combine all ingredients, except blueberries
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto pan coated with non-stick spray
- Cook until edges begin to bubble. *Note: These will take a longer to cook than your traditional pancakes