I’ve always had a thing for cookie dough. Growing up my mom used to buy those tubes of the Pillsbury Cookie Dough (who remembers those?!) and I can remember constantly sneaking pieces of it every time she would turn around. Unfortunately, these days I cant get away with eating tubes of store bought cookie dough. What’s a girl to do??
Enter Protein Cookie Dough Dip. I’ve seen a lot of different versions of this recipe floating around the internet, some healthy, some loaded with as much junk as a regular cookie. My version is healthy and incorporates protein powder for an extra nutritional boost (not to mention is tastes delicious)! I’ve brought this one to multiple parties and it’s always a hit.. nobody ever guesses thats it’s healthy. No butter, flour, or oil.. and one very special main ingredient. I usually bring low-fat graham crackers, animal crackers or fruit along for dipping. And if all else fails a spoon works just as well 😉 Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Cookie Dough Protein Dip
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (same as garbanzo beans)- thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, add if needed for desired thickness
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients in a food-processor until well combined. I prefer my dip thicker, but you may add extra almond milk if you prefer a thinner dip, just be sure to add in very small increments so you dont make the dip too runny.
- Once combined, stir in chocolate chips