If you grew up loving (or possibly still do) the imfamous McDonalds Chicken Nuggets, but wish you had a healthy alternate these are for you! Not only do they taste WAY better, they are better for you!
Pair these with the protein-packed ranch dip and you’ll have one happy tummy!
I like to cook a big double batch of these and keep them for lunches through the week. They are super easy to make and who doesn’t like chicken nuggets??
- 2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup egg whites (I use the liquid variety)
- 6 tbsp whole wheat breadbrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- optional: 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 packet Hidden Valley Dips- Ranch Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour egg whites into a small bowl.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dip chicken a few pieces at a time into egg whites, and then coat with the breading mixture. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Cook for approx. 8 mins on the first side, flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. *Note: You’ll want your nuggets a rich golden color to ensure they are cooked through. Depending on the thickness of the breasts you may need to cook for a couple addition minutes.
- While the chicken nuggets are baking, mix your greek yogurt and ranch seasoning.
- Let cool and enjoy!